This is an exciting opportunity to join a relatively young but fast-expanding tech company. With our mobile app portfolio currently on the rise, we are now looking for a dynamic, risk-taking and fast-working UI/UX Designer who has extensive experience within the mobile application development field. At Conker Group we have an enormous passion for creating beautiful apps and are looking for a designer who shares our enthusiasm.
This will be an opportunity to work on a number of exciting new products with an international reach. You will be part of a small collaborative team either creating new or enhancing our existing apps, but equally, you will enjoy working independently and having the freedom to be creative.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing intuitive and elegant UI & UX solutions that solve problems and meet specification requirements
- Using your UX knowledge and experience to enhance the user-journey
- Designing and creating assets for the development team to implement
- Illustrating and wire-framing designs and solutions in a collaborative manner
- Communicating design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Working with the project team and directors to create and scope project design briefs and seeing them through to delivery
- Keeping abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Reporting to the Operations Manager with progress updates on projects and escalating issues when required
A successful candidate will have:
- 5 years’ experience actively carrying out and managing design projects
- Experience in UI/UX design for phone applications, in particular, would be an advantage
- Educated to a University Degree level
- Professional experience in UI/UX design with a strong portfolio to demonstrable your design skills
- Proficiency in Adobe suite, wireframing and prototyping tools
- Experience developing for mobile-centric platforms, specifically Android and iOS, and solving mobile ‘usability issues’
- A high degree of creativity, attention to detail, interaction design and problem-solving ability
- A passion for excellent user-centric design and a keen appreciation of aesthetics
- Ability to work as a team player in a cross-functional environment
- Comfortable working under pressure and meeting deadlines, whilst working on multiple projects simultaneously
Would be nices:
- Experience using Zeplin
- Experience in website design may be useful but not essential
- UX research methods and usability testing?
- Designing and producing video content eg. tutorials, how-tos.
- Animation design
You can work from our Nottingham office, we will consider part-time for the right candidate! Why not check out what we do by getting Audacity Tasks from the App Store.
About Conker Group
Conker Group is an ambitious tech company, based in Nottingham city centre. You’ll find us at conkergroup.com. We’re innovative and creative, and we strive to make our employees and customers happy! At the present time, our Apps are in daily use across 20 countries, including South Africa, Russia and China. With one of our most ambitious projects to date set to take off, your dedication and contribution could make a big impact. If you like the sound of this, and you have the required skills/experience, please apply now.
What we offer
- Gym/Fitness allowance
- Holidays - plus, you don’t work on your birthday :)
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Income Replacement Scheme
- Parental Benefits
- Annual Sight Tests
Tell us what you are worth. We offer top-end salaries for the right skills and attitude. And of course biscuits, biscuits, and more biscuits.
Ts & Cs
Non-smokers/Vapers only; if you prefer cake or cocktails it’s an added bonus :-)
Sorry, no agencies.